What information will we collect about you
We collect information about you when you register with us, place an order for our products or services, or when we place an order for products or services. Website information is collected using cookies.
How will we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To administer and manage our relationship with you;
- To process orders from you, or to you for goods and services;
- To deal with any enquiries we have received from you;
- For the purposes of corrective action which may be required in respect of any of the products or services supplied by us or to us;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- To provide you with details of our products or services;
- To notify you of any changes to what we do/provide;
- To make checks from time to time (for example, credit reference, DBS checks);
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in the case of non-payment
In connection to these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as business partners (including credit reference agents and tracing agents), fraud prevention agencies, and to other companies in our group. In each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
Hightown will not share your information for marketing purposes outside Hightown.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions under all agreements;
- To protect rights, property or safety of Hightown Group Ltd, our staff, customers, or others;
- In response to a request from a government authority;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to prospective seller/buyer
If necessary, for debt recovery, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided in standard forms.
Our lawful basis for processing for our uses of your personal information include:
- It is necessary for the legitimate interests in operating our business;
- It is necessary to fulfil the performance of contracts of which you are a party with us
Access to your Information and Correction
You have various rights under data protection regulations and laws regarding personal information, including rights to:
- Request to be advised of our privacy notifications and standards
- Request access to any personal information held and how we processed this information;
- Request us to correct inaccurate personal information held;
- Request to delete your personal information;
- Request to, under certain circumstances, restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Request your personal information in a format suitable for your use to a third party;
- Object to your personal information being used for direct marketing, or to restrict use processing of your personal information;
- Object to your personal information being used in automated decision making;
- Make a complaint with the UK commissioner’s Office;
Any request in relation to the above access to your information and correction, can be made at any time to us at email@example.com. Any such request will be dealt with in a reasonable timeframe, and will be subject to the exemptions set out in applicable current data protection laws and regulations.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collet standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Ways in which we collect cookies:
- We also use IPFingerprint web analytics for marketing purposes which collects information about your ip address, computer and your visits to and use of our website only, just like Google Anaytics. No personal details are captured through the collection of you ip address. IPFingerprint store ip address details securely and confidentially for the functioning of their service and never share these, or any other secure details with third parties
- we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=adsGOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymousBING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
For further information on cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Retention of Information and Privacy Reviews
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, including necessary regulatory and legal requirements.
We keep our privacy notice under review regularly, this privacy notice was updated 10th May 2018.
Please contact us if you have any queries or questions about our privacy notice, or any personal information we hold about you:
– by e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org
– by writing to:- Hightown Construction Ltd, Suite 2D, Dovecote Court,
Stanley Grange Business Village, Knowsley L34 4AR